Come along and try indoor hockey at The Complex.
Indoor hockey is an indoor variant of “traditional” outdoor field hockey and is very popular here on Tuesday nights. Indoor hockey is a fast, skillful and action-packed version of the outdoor game. Played on a hard, smooth, and flat surface, the aim is still to score more than your opponent.
There are many similarities and a few differences…
- The playing pitch is smaller than the outdoor pitch.
- Lines/walls mark the sidelines helping to keep the ball in play.
- The goals are smaller than in outdoor field hockey.
- A team consists of 5 field players and 1 goalkeeper on the pitch, with a maximum of 10-12 players on a team.
- The players may not hit the ball, but only push it or deflect it, and may not raise the ball except in the shooting circle, with the purpose of scoring a goal.
- Players play with a lighter, quicker stick specially made for indoor use.